Friday, April 10, 2015

Weaning from babywearing

Even though I believe I should babywear my baby as much as he asks for it because it fulfills his needs for contact with his mother, I also believe I have to take care of myself and he should learn to calm himself down to sleep. So a few days ago, I decided not to carry him in the evening till he falls asleep. The trick is in going to sleep later and have daddy present (which means Teodor has to go to bed later because his father comes home at around 7pm)...The dad plays with him or we both pretend to sleep (dad is so much better at it), he slowly wears down and falls asleep nursing.

Today the whiny/cranky baby who threw himself on the floor for no reason (from my point of view) is gone
FINALLY!!!!, the happy toddler is back :), so I thought we might try to take a nap together in the afternoon, I set a time limit of one hour, if he wouldn't fall asleep, I would put him in Tula...and we both fell asleep and slept for two hours. Afternoon naps are not happening for me since he started crawling (at about 7 months), so this was like a huge treat for me :)

Morning nap, looking like a baby in a womb, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment