Monday, April 6, 2015

Failed

I had the whole birthday party planned in my head and it all went so wrong.

About a week before (maybe two/three, I haven't been very good at keeping track of time lately), he started sleeping very badly at night and it became very difficult to make him nap during the day, in addition to that he got a cold and the weather worsened considerably, so I was not in the mood to really think about the birthday. We invited only my close friend with her husband, the other friend was supposed to come on the next day, but got busy with something, my boyfriend didn't want to invite anybody, but his brother invited himself for the following weekend and he might invite his only friends over, too. Anyway, I see with thayt friend almost every week, so Teodor is familiar with her (and I also meet with the other friend that often, too), not so much with her husband...

We were cleaning the whole morning, Teodor was quite fine toddling around, he napped on my back while preparing snacks, but he woke up around the time when the friends came and was a bit off. It was a bit chaotic as we should have started getting ready for the party on Saturday, not on Sunday, which was the actual celebration day, I don't know when things went wrong, but he became so whiny and was whiny the whole party..It got so annoying that we started thinking there was something wrong with him and took him to ER, but they said he was fine and he actually was very fine in the hospital, walking around, smiling at people...
Toddling around the hospital

It was a quite sad party, but I am pretty sure I will remember it till the end of my days and it might become a good story to tell when he is older. Trying to see it from the bright side...

Probably the emotions piled up, so he couldn't sleep at night - I made him sleep in the carrier several times, but when I tried to put him to bed (we bed share), he woke up screaming and the only thing making him stop was putting him in the carrier again and march around the apartment. I slept part of the night sitting with him in the carrier, then I managed to make him sleep in the bed (at 2am), when he woke up some time after, he was willing to take the breast and kept sleeping, at about 4:30, I had to put him in the carrier again, but luckily he was fine with being put back to bed, so we slept till 7. This was the worst night in our life together...and I thought when they become one, they are supposed to start sleeping better.

No comments:

Post a Comment