Friday, April 24, 2015

Chores

I do most of the house chores with Teodor, it takes more time and sometimes more energy, but doing so teaches him that things don't happen on their own, it makes him feel useful (he puts the dish-washing tablet into the dishwasher, helps me to empty the dishwasher, helps me un/load the washing machine/dryer,...) and most of all it makes him busy with real stuff. There are some chores I don't feel safe for him to help with like cleaning the toilet or washing the windows, I either do it when he sleeps or put him in the carrier and on my back, so he still gets the experience of the things being done.
The best thing out of this attitude is that I have a lot of free time while he's sleeping, which I can waste on the Internet or spend productively by reading! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment