Sunday, April 12, 2015

Choosing the first shoes...

...it is damn hard. Not only because the choice is in Estonia very limited (and over-priced), but also there are just so many aspects, which need to be taken into consideration.

We decided to go with barefoot, which means I have to order online because the only barefoot shoes I found here in Estonia are Little Blue Lamb, but again it's also an online shop and with not a big product selection. And they are made for a wider feet, Teodor has quite narrow. I actually ordered a pair but sold it to a friend because they were too wide and quite small (you wouldn't how difficult it is to measure his foot). When I finally decide on something, e.g. Livie and Luca or Attipas, they don't sell internationally (well, their website doesn't have an e-shop), which is just annoying, I don't have time to search for an e-shop which sells internationally.

So far he has Stonz, but they feel too wide and Primigi, which are not barefoot, but seem to be quite good for pushing his wagon on the asphalt roads (It is recommended not to use Stonz on the pavements/roads, etc. because they wore out quickly on these surfaces)

I am so stuck on choosing the right shoes and it starts to frustrate me because spring is coming, he walks very well now, and he still doesn't have shoes we can use in the city. (He walks in his socks in the shopping centres, for example, and people look down at me with their looks saying "why don't you put shoes on your child, mother?"
Running away, but the stairs will stop him :) I sometimes feel like Stonz are too wide for him and are not the best choice either...

Now he sometimes lifts his arms when walking, probably showing that he can walk without help of his arms to keep his balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment