Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Facing forward

After a couple of weeks of not using the stroller, I decided to give it a try again and see if Teodor changed his mind about sitting in it. To make the experiment more successful, I changed the seat to forward facing because I'm reading it all the time that children enjoy it, even though I am a strong believer of parent facing position (The end justifies the means, right?).

He didn't hate it. He didn't cry. But he didn't seem to enjoy it very much either. He probably liked the fact he saw Charlie all the time and that he was allowed to hold his leash. The biggest issue for me was the lack of communication, I could totally dive into my own thoughts without being disturbed...and I didn't see him pointing, I didn't hear him talking...We used to communicate all the time, so I felt that even in the stroller, it was still time spent together, this was a lonely time for both of us, so I'm changing the seat back.

1 comment:

  1. I was worried about changing the seat too but for us it was a completely different experience. J. used to hate being in a stroller but since I let him face the world around he is always talking and singing and even let me strap him in the seat. There is also one amazing thing in the roof of our stroller and that's a small mesh window that allowes me to see him and he can always turn around and look at me and tell me about all the new things he saw :-) we can also touch our hands through the mesh :-)

    ReplyDelete