Friday, April 17, 2015

Meet Teodor's best friend




His name is Mimi Kryštůfek :) "Mimi" because it means "baby" in Czech and Kryštůfek because I would name Teodor Kryštof if I moved back to Czech, but I stayed, so his name is Teodor.


He is with him when he is angry.
He is with him when he sleeps
He would be with him in the stroller (he hates the stroller now)

He takes him for our toddler walks

He also uses the knot on the doll's hat as a pacifier...so you can imagine how dirty it gets. And here comes the problem...Its head is filled with wool, so I can't use the dryer for drying it...so T. is suffers most of the day while his best friend is drying on the radiator (low temperature).

Anyway, I was against him getting attached to a thing at the beginning, but then I changed my mind, I though buying him such a soft doll and make it a part of his bedtime routine might help him to fall asleep...It took him about a month until he started liking it...and he is becoming more and more fond of it. Maybe too much? But I can see that he falls asleep much better if he has Mimi Kryštůfek in his hands. Mimi Kryštůfek sometimes helps him to calm down. I kind of thought he wouldn't get so attached to a thing because of the attachment parenting, he is attached to me, there is no need to get attached to an inanimate thing, but obviously I was wrong. And I guess it's not a bad thing :) I just have to get a twin for the doll, so I can wash and dry it in peace without stressing the baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment