Wednesday, April 13, 2016

When you don't want them to grow up but can't wait till they get more independent

I didn't have this feeling with Teodor, I just couldn't wait for him to be older and more fun, but now, as I am pretty sure I am done with reproducing myself, I feel a bit sentimental about our baby girl and toddler boy growing up.

When I see them next to each other, I realize how fast they grow up...when Teodor came after Anastasia's birth, I was just "wow, he's so big", my baby boy is just sooo biiig. And then he turned 2. I was not moved when he turned one, but second birthday (probably also because of the postpartum hormones) were a bit emotional for me (not actual birthday, but the day when he celebrated it). He definitely turned into much more fun and he's a full not-using-actual-words human being :)

Anastasia, in contrast, is actually no fun. She either sleeps, nurses or screams. There's nothing else in between. But still, when I'm looking at her sleeping, I'm thinking I don't want her to grow up...and then she starts screaming and then Teodor starts screaming and I'm just wishing they were both older and could play together.

Not to mention that those two years with Teodor passed in no time, so this time I'm trying to enjoy our squish as much as I can, I'm done with all pieces of advice, I'm all about being here for her. When I'm going through my March 2016 forum, I'm thinking a lot of people should just do the same, they worry too much and it's not worth it...these first months pass so fast that it feels pointless to worry about everything instead of enjoying the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment