Monday, April 18, 2016

Anastasia


Born on April 4, 2016 at 1:47 after a 45-hour labour with 52 cm and 3943g. She came to the world 5 days after her due date.

A few days before her arrival, her dad finally started dealing with the name and we agreed on Anna.
The day my water broke we took a walk in a nearby graveyard (Teodor's idea) to induce the labour, the dad said he didn't like the name and started to choose another one from the gravestones. Somehow we settled on Lydia, but I didn't like it when we came home. So he said Anastasia. And I said OK.

The blanket for her is still not finished, but I didn't dump the project, yet :) It's moving forward, very slowly, but it is :)


She is like a dream child...ok, things might change because those 14 adaptation days are over today...you know, it would be great to know what I know now with the first child. Not to feed according to a schedule, it's ok to hold your baby most of the day if she wants it, if you let the baby poop before sleep (above the sink, can't find the suitable potty for elimination communication), she sleeps longer, etc...Maybe Teodor would be different, too... So far she sleeps most of the day or hangs on the breast. Almost no screaming. The breast is a bit sensitive topic for Teodor, but can't do much about it..



Teodor is getting less scared of her, not much more fond of her, though. It's tough for all of us. They wake each other up at night now. I might end up sleeping in the living room with her...or we will have to take the house-hunting more seriously. I screwed up Teodor falling asleep on his own. I spent my evenings making them both sleep, not at the same time, obviously. 
Verbalizing Teodor's feelings (this is great about toddlers, you totally see their emotions in their face, have never seen such anger in Teodor's before) is helping with aggressiveness against her. I'm trying to be positive, to give him the message that having a sister is a great thing. But sometimes it's so hard...
Teodor has become a usual toddler (again) and I'm having problems to deal with him and being totally calm and understanding. The fact she is sleeping most of his awake time is helping a lot. Can't imagine how it will be when she's awake more. Well, if she is happy and not in my arms, that's a perfect situation for him, he doesn't like her crying or in my arms. 

Their first picture together taken today. 
Mornings and evenings are the most challenging. Teodor usually wakes up whining, probably because it is usually her waking him up, he is hungry, she is hungry...and they both need their food NOW. Wrap is my saviour in the mornings. For real. She is not super happy in it because her constant peeing is waking her up, but still, she is sleeping and occasionally wakes up screaming but I'm able to rock her back to sleep.
Today, Teodor finished his breakfast just in a perfect time to catch a bus to the post office, so I just put a babywearing hoodie and jacket on and we were ready to go. Babywearing clothing is such a handy thing! You don't have to wake up the baby :) This trip made me realize I won't be going anywhere with both of them unless it's necessary or only when it gets warmer.


I still haven't figured out the evenings. I'm just going with the fact I won't have free evenings for a year or something. If I think I have at least another 30 years ahead of me, it's ok :) TV shows can wait..

She is two weeks old today and she started watching the bee in her pink Tripp Trapp. (don't have a picture of that because I was feeding Teodor, so just a cute picture of her and half of the bee)


And a selfie from the hospital to finish this post :)





No comments:

Post a Comment