Friday, April 22, 2016

My first week with both children on my own


It's Friday, thanks goodness, the first week with both children without the help from their dad is over.

I learned a lot this week:

  • I'm able to get anywhere with both of them by public transport. Both me and Teodor will just need some practice how to get on/off the bus and what's the routine after we get on. Or maybe babywearing him on the bus? I tried that and it went fine, but it is more comfortable if he sits on the seat than on my back.
    Standing on the bus because nobody lifted their butt to free the seat for him. Went ok, he is surprisingly stable. Btw. those biscuits were quite a bad idea, they kept him awake on the way home but the sugar kicked in when we came home and it was impossible to make him sleep.
  • Both of them sleeping at the same time is crucial for keeping me sane. I seriously need at least an hour without them during the day and one free hour in the evening is also very nice...Today making them sleep went ideally, but T. woke up half an hour later and A. within an hour. It was so annoying. The gasses seem to be kicking in and it seems like my dairy-free diet is back on. Sigh. Ufff. But the first half of the week was almost ideal, they both took a long daynaps.
  • Going out twice a day would be ideal, we managed most of the days only once. It entertains Teodor without much of my effort. Plus fresh air makes children tired. We mostly went just to our local playground, once took a longer walk, then he slept within 5 minutes. I hope to start taking a walk and then go to the playground as we did it today. I wish he grew a bit more and we could start using his new fancy balance bike. I am thinking about long walks for us, for me to get back in shape and for him to get tired. For her to have a good sleep.



She is getting used the wrap, finaly.
  • Going out and back home is logistically challenging, especially in bad weather.
  • Teodor got his birthday present from his Czech grandmother, the wooden train and the bridge (he got also a lot of new tracks) entertained him for a while...it is so boring for him to be at home. I feel like he needs new toys but can't really figure out which ones. I'm too lazy to research...and sometimes too busy.
  • Babywearing is becoming addictive...

  • I'm surprisingly able to keep the apartment the same clean as it was before A.'s arrival and I'm able to offer Teodor hot home-made meal every day. 
  • It is challenging to be nice/respectful to Teodor - it seriously is. He stopped answering my yes/no questions and mostly communicates by whining. I also have much less patience for/with him. He seems to need a lot of my closeness, which he hadn't needed before, it is very new to me and I'm learning to deal with it. It is generally difficult to be there for both of them, especially if they are both screaming; who should be dealt with first? 
  • I need to research some good books on the topic of siblings and make a reflection on my own brother-sister relationship...
  • Btw. he can do 24-piece puzzle with no problems now. He is better than me :) 


1 comment:

  1. But how do you out with A.? Is she sleeping in the stroller, while Teodor is in the playgroung, or in the wrap? Then you are using your babywearing outside clothing?

    But good job! ;) And good luck.

    ReplyDelete