Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weaning

He got his last sip of breastmilk on his second birthday. Then we decided it's the best time to wean him - I never wanted tandem breastfeeding - The last weeks of pregnancy were going in that direction, anyway, and it kinda seemed natural to stop after giving birth, in addition he was able to function well without my milk while being with his father.

So the plan is/was not to offer him the milk...if he asked for it, he would probably get it...but so far it's working. But it is really difficult for me not to offer...when he can't fall asleep (because the arrival of his sister definitely did damage his zen balance), I am tempted to soothe him with the breast...the falling asleep is becoming a bit a problem, but we have Tula Toddler now and I'm actually able to babywear him, so making him sleep is not a big issue, it just requires me being more active in the process. Another temptation to give him milk is when he doesn't eat or drink properly. Of course, I am dying to know what he would answer if I asked him if he wanted to nurse...

No comments:

Post a Comment