Monday, April 25, 2016

The second child


Do you know the jokes about the first, second and third child, right? With the first one, mother has time to deal with every little thing (March 2016 group and questions about every pimple are kinda funny, but can totally relate to it), with the second one, she is more chilled, but still concerned, with the third one, she just takes it easy. There is so much true in these jokes.

I took a lot of pictures of Teodor every day and of everything..he accidentally grabbed a toy, let's take a picture of it. OMG, he's watching the black and white bee, let's have a picture of it...Anastasia has started noticing the bee last week (when she was 14 days), but I still don't have a picture of it. She also accidentally grabbed the same toy as Teodor did. Again no picture. I actually don't care much about her development, I have put her on her belly like twice? so far, the thing I care most is that she either sleeps or is quiet because that's what makes Teodor calm. If she screams, he is out of his zen balance and starts to whine and it complicates my lazy mother's life :)

I have bathed her 3 times so far and she slept in her pyjamas also 3 times. Evenings are challenging and since Charlie takes care of her hygiene, I'm not motivated to go through more drama than I have to. She actually likes the bath, but she usually wakes up in a totally wrong time when it's either Teodor's dinner or bath time...and no, I am not that crazy to wake her up earlier. No, no, no. I finally have a child who sleeps, so I want to enjoy that.

I also realize that she is this tiny for such a short time that I try to enjoy it as much as possible. I found out it's ok if she's awake when Teodor's sleeping (for half of his nap is ideal) because I can cuddle with her :) With Teodor I was just waiting for him to grow up and be more fun.

Mostly I like and use the same stuff I used with Teodor, but with cloth diapers, my preferences have radically changed; with him, I really liked the prefolds, which I don't use unless there is no other option, in contrast to fitted diapers, which I didn't use before but like them now. AIO are my constant favourites :)
Side note: Thank goodness, Teodor is diaper-free, the amount of diapers she produces per day even though we are quite successful in practising elimination communication is over-whelming.

2 comments:

  1. Well written, I am startig to think about a second child ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written, I am startig to think about a second child ;-)

    ReplyDelete