Friday, April 1, 2016

SmartMax Start Plus

I've been dreaming about buying him a magnetic building kit for several months, but couldn't decide which one and if he is big/old/mature enough for it. My first wish was for Magformers but seeing in the shop and at the friend's home, I realized it really requires fine motor skills, which might Teodor not have and it would irritate him...
People on MK started suggesting SmartMax...and today we had to go downtown, so I decided to finally give it a try. I'm desperate to make him busy...even though I was quite aware it might not be a success.


First of all, the box could be 3x smaller, it reminded me Brio packaging. The pieces are big enough for toddler hands, so it is really 1+, but otherwise can't imagine a one-year old playing constructively with the kit. For some reason the compartments are quite small and it's not possible to fit all the pieces inside. A serious disaster for our order-loving son. 

There is a booklet with what you can build, I really enjoy that one. I don't have a very good spatial imagination, so it was nicely challenging for me. But we don't have enough pieces :(

Teodor didn't fall for the kit. I mean it was ok, but he's more into building towers and making them fall (Lego is great for this) rather than for building anything spatial...


I don't regret the money I spent on it...a few more months and he might fall in love with the kit. I'm actually thinking about buying some extensions for myself just in order to stimulate my own brain :)


No comments:

Post a Comment