Saturday, April 30, 2016

Spring is here...let's go outside

It's been warmer, the sun's started to show up more often and Teodor's passion for puzzles is slowly disappearing, meaning he is super-bored at home. A bored toddler means a whiny toddler. Not to mention he discovered I can't bear his whining at the end of the day, so guess what he loves to do at the end in the evenings?

I had to take some action. We can't go only to our local playground because it doesn't make him tired enough in addition to slowly disappearing passion for digging in the sand - he was getting bored too early.

  • So I made him try the slide again (he is simply not the toddler who would love to test their limits by doing self-destructive stuff)

  • I also made him try to make him climb the ladder in the playground - from his reaction it seemed like he thought he was several metres above the ground.

  •  I bought chalks, which work surprisingly well.

  • We started experimenting with digging different material: stones, soil,...

This one is from our local graveyard...but it's perfect for digging and they have squirrels there...
  • We try to be more social, I want him to meet with other children, so he'd learn the local language and gained some social skills...
Teodor's facial expression says it all...
  • Today we went to grill some sausages to keep the Czech tradition of doing so on April 30. The fire was interesting at the beginning, but not so much later. He enjoyed the food, though.



And this is what Anastasia's doing meanwhile...she can sleep for 7 hours with a few feedings and diaper change in the wrap. She makes this whole thing so much easier.

Spending a lot of time outside makes our household peaceful, Teodor tired and me sane. Not to mention if I keep walking a lot with Anastasia on my front, pushing Teodor in the stroller (or even if he's walking on his own), I'll be in shape in no time. I wish Teodor wanted to use his balance bike or even the motorbike...but he has a very clear "no" opinion about it (unlike to many other questions, he answers very clearly to "Would you like to try your cool bike?")

No comments:

Post a Comment