Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Puzzles

Teodor loves puzzles. It's a constant love since he was 18 months or so...started on 2-piece puzzles, which were challenging to put together (not to find the matching pieces but really put them together), had a long stop on 2, 3, 4, 5- piece puzzles because we didn't have any other box for a really long time and then out of the blue, he was able to put the 5-piece puzzle together, I thought it was because he memorized it, so we got him, about 2 months ago?, a new box with 4, 6, 8, 12-piece puzzle and he immediately fell in love with the 12-piece excavator and soon he learnt to put it together on his own.

He still likes the 4, 6, 8, 12- piece puzzles
Then, we wanted to get him 15-piece but they didn't have anything with cars, so we got him 24-piece and soon he learnt to put it together too. It was a month ago.

And since it entertains him for hours (he can do it over and over again), we started buying him more as it's a relatively cheap toy and it does not make noise. I learnt he can do 15-piece without prior help. Amazing. He still needs help with new 24-piece puzzles at the beginning because he doesn't understand he should be looking at the picture as a help. (It was quite difficult even for me to put the puzzle together without looking at the picture)

Anyway, yesterday we had a challenging way home from the doctor's appointment, so I got him some more...I first wanted to buy him something with c/Cars, but then I realized we are over-supporting the gender toy/picture/blah blah preference, so I got him puzzles with dogs and cats (he also likes bunnies, wouldn't be probably thrilled with princesses) and guess what!? He likes those ones, too. I also started paying more attention to his (waldorf) doll, so he would start paying attention to it, too. I'm aiming for him to take care of his baby while I'm taking care of Anastasia.

Side note: my days are filled with building and destroying towers (those cubes with cars were a great gift, thanks Asnate :), putting puzzles together and washing A.'s butt. I am feeling a bit under-challenged and bored. We need some change/excitement in our lives... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment