Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Play-doh

A few days ago I finally got him play-doh. I didn't expect it but the consistence is very nice and it's very pleasant to work it with, definitely much more than the modelling clay I remember from my childhood (and definitely more than the Stockmar modelling beeswax - well, no surprise there, he's simply too young for it).
The day he got it, he only made a tower out of the storage cups. The next day, I decided we should give it a try and we did. It entertained him for more than an hour! He was a bit wild afterwards, but I guess that's what happens if you focus for too long and need to use up your energy.

First we tried printing with shapes for baking Christmas sweets, I tried to teach him how to make a ball out of the clay - more challenging than one would ever thought, and then I brought his Schleich animals and we tried to make prints of their feet. He loved to play with the cat. he was putting it on and down and on and down...
Challenge accepted - make a ball :)

Rolling is also quite a work


Printing

Playing with the cat...

1 comment: