Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 3, 2016

Or should we call it the day we finally got some snow which is going to stay for some time?

I like January, and this time I am even more excited about it because we're going back to our rhythm, no more visits, no more rainy dark weather,... plus it's the month when both me and the dad have a birthday.

Even though he goes to bed at the same time, he started to wake up an hour earlier, which is a total nuisance, I hate getting up way before seven. Anyway, today at 8am, he realized he was bored and it was time to take a morning walk again (we haven't done much of those in December). Yes, heads over heels to go into the freezing weather in a total dark. I managed to postpone our departure till 9.

It was snowy, windy and freezing. He seemed very fine with it. Where did the hysteric toddler who was afraid of snow a few weeks ago go? I had problems to get him home. 

It was obvious that with the heavy snowing (not seen in the picture as it was taken with my phone) we will have much more snow in the afternoon. And we did.

We decided to go to look for a hill and go sledding. Well, it turned out to be a trip in the forest with very small hills. Teodor still hates the sled :)



It was quite bad he refused to walk on his own because those MyMayu rainboots with fleece liners are not as warm as one would expect (Stonz are much much warmer), so he was quite cold (even though he kept saying he wasn't) and unluckily, we didn't have any blanket with us. He looked so bored that a few times we thought he was going to fall asleep.

 He walked a bit, like 100 metres, but he was extremely slow, so we gave up and put him on the sled again. So he did spend 1 hour in the fresh air but didn't get tired. I'm thinking about how we're going to go on our usual walks with Charlie...if he's going to walk on his own or if I'm going to pull him on the sled...Should he wear his Zeazoo winter shoes or MyMayu? Zeazoo are warmer, MayMayu more practical for the snow...

And the best part of today? Evening! I managed to sew a pillow case for him. I'm turning his bed into a car paradise :-) It is not perfect, like not at all, but there is a fire engine on it, so he's gonna love it. I love the feeling when I do something productive in the evenings :)





2 comments:

  1. We watched, that it's promised to be cold for a week, and then + 3 again :/ So make sure to enjoy that snow, while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure Teodor won't mind not having snow around :)

      Delete