Friday, January 29, 2016

January is slowly over

The last week in January was very slow for us, it's been raining since Monday, meaning we had no wish to go out for the first two days - it would be too slippery for both of us, on Wednesday we took a walk in the rain, not much fun, though, on Thursday I thought he would walk to the shop because we needed to get some food, but no, he was pointing at the stroller, so he went in it.

Today is Friday, the roads are totally snow-free and it's not raining (yet), so we're going to take a walk in the afternoon, if I feel like it, we might take a trip to the city centre to buy ring sling rings - hopefully they'll have size M, not L, which they have on their website. 

I've started to have my laptop off during his awake time because I got so tired of him requiring to watch youtube videos, but not being able to specify what he wants to watch...everything was "no, no", but if I turned it off, he started screaming. No need for such a pointless drama. I didn't become any more effective, no surprise there :), I just sit on the sofa or on the floor and watch him play or comment on what he wants me to comment on. He spent his days building from Lego Duplo (now I'd say it's a must to have it, thinking about getting him some other building kits like Magformers), playing with his train (doing crashes) and jumping around...that's pretty much it...not very productive either. 



On Wednesday evening I put him to sleep in his own bed. He slept there from 8pm till 3:30am with one feeding at 10:30 pm (when I went to sleep) and then he was up for another two hours. So much fun. So yesterday's day rhythm was ruined, he fell asleep at 10pm, refused to be put to his own bed and generally didn't sleep well with me either. So today I put him in his own bed for a daynap. I seriously have to read something on the topic because I do want him to sleep in his own bed. Not to mention it doesn't make much difference in the distance between us.


Potty-training instead of peeing into the sink is going well - he pees in the potty during the day without any protests, soon I want to try to persuade him to poop in there, too. That's going to be a challenge.

Except for just chilling on the sofa or on the floor, I am very determined to learn how to knit, I have managed to learn the basics technically, but the stitches are not simply the same and it starts to frustrate me. I want to make a perfect blanket for our daughter. 
Totally the first try

Aaand he's up because he's in his own bed...a 30-minute nap...I'm wondering how long will the accustoming take and if I will keep sane in the process...He's back on my back trying to make him sleep a bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment