Saturday, January 2, 2016

Our start off in 2016

Sooo...the 2016 is here and so is the third trimester...I'm still babywearing and still breastfeeding. Unbelievable. I wish I was motivated enough to learn how to wrap him on my back..

We welcomed the new year with freezing weather and a toddler who is super-slow...I don't know if it is because of the frost or shoes or he's simply lazy? Or maybe because he's tired from his night-play? 
Anyway, the dad took him on New Year's Day for another trip, but they didn't manage to get to their destination because our son was slooooow...He had to carry him back. Not sure when he will voluntarily take him for a walk again :)


This merino Name it mittens are awesome, they are not that thick but still protect him well from the cold. 
After they came, we took our annual family pictures with the tree in the background. Teodor showed us how smart he is because when I dressed him, he took his cars and put himself under the tree. I might have mentioned we were going to take a picture but not very explicitly. I'm pretty sure he's going to be the "it boy" once :)


We managed to get one usable picture.

Since Teodor slept through all the New Year's Eve's noises, I thought he would sleep well the next day, too...In addition to spending an hour in the fresh air...Well, that was a wrong assumption. He was waking up every hour, I thought he needed to pee, so I took him to the bathroom at 2:20, which was not a smart move (I kinda knew that) and he was awake till 5:10am. First hour he was with his dad, the other two he was with desperate me...I am too pregnant for such a lack of sleep. 

The whole family was short on sleep today, so it was not a good day. Teodor is so little and how much he can influence the atmosphere in the family...I hope for a better night today. In some way I'd like him to wake up max twice per night, which he does when it is a good night. I'm slowly getting him used to sleeping in his own bed and I refuse to move there every hour...not comfortable! I'm also working on Charlie sleeping outside of the bedroom, he's not happy about it and he's becoming a bit paranoid, follows me everywhere very closely. 

We got rid of the tree today, which is a huge relief, Teodor won't be picking up every single needle and require me to go to get rid of it :) 



Teodor discovered the joy of riding on his car transporter :) 

Because of his obsession with cars, we're purchasing him only clothes with cars now. He is even willing to wear socks if there are cars on them :) 

Well, have a good night! I hope our 2016 will be even better than 2015...2015 was a good year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment