Friday, January 22, 2016

Making most out of it

Teodor's sleeping schedule totally doesn't support my projects because he falls asleep too late for me to feel like doing something afterwards or he just decides to move his daynap to late afternoon, which disrupts his night-sleep (like I slept about 6 hours this night because he was constantly waking up, ok, it might be also because one of his molar might erupt)...Anyway, yesterday I started to feel very unproductive and decided to do something about it, mostly because I wanted to feel good about myself.

At first I wanted to write an extensive post in Czech about Teodor's favourite books...but Blogger started to turn the photos as it wanted and I just couldn't deal with re-rotating them as I haven't found "rotate" function directly in Blogger platform. So I dumped the idea and was really annoyed because taking pictures took me most of his late afternoon nap.

So in the evening, in the effort of being productive, I attached the hat to the doll. Now I have to decide about her body, if to stuff it or not...
I'm kinda proud of myself I figured out how to attach it, so the stitches are not visible.


And today I learned how to knit, well, how to start. It took me half an hour, several re-playing the youtube tutorial video, but I made it...Exactly at the moment I figured it out, Teodor woke up from his nap. Great timing.

There is a very little chance I will finish the doll and the blanket before our daughter is born, if I do, I'll be thrilled. 

Talking about what I want to achieve before our baby girl is born, there are three areas I want to work on with Teodor:
  • potty-training - he is sink-trained, today, after many months, he was willing to sit on the potty and he peed in it twice. Hope this is going to work out. 
  • self-feeding - if he likes the food, he's willing to eat with his hands....The most important thing I'd love to teach him is how to bite off a piece of something.
  • sleeping in his own bed - that's the biggest challenge of all, I'm too lazy to sleep in between our and his bed, I hate him waking up more than once at night (once per night is becoming quite usual)..
Oh, and he's in a total daddy phase, I love it. The dad can do anything without him protesting, he even agreed on going to sleep with him today, meaning I got my free evening. Wish the dad was home more often, so I could get more time off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment