Sunday, December 20, 2015

Another slow days

Our days have been pretty lazy lately as Teodor still has a cold, we don't go out very often as the weather is not very toddler-with-a-cold friendly. I tried a few times, but he doesn't seem to enjoy it outside that much.

He spends most of his days playing with his cars, drawing and reading books. He also plays with his train, builds towers out of wooden blocks or Lego, sometimes he does something more "educational", but mostly he plays like a usual toddle :) He re-discovered the joy of helping his mother, so I have a little helper always following me...he's getting better even when helping with baking/cooking, thank goodness. It's still messy, but I can see some progress there :)
After making gingerbread dough yesterday evening
He discovered the joy of lining up...it started with making bird lines even though I don't think he understand the concept of generalization like that he was choosing only birds, he was just choosing pictures he liked, in my opinion...

And then it came...he started lining up his cars. Fun which seems to occupy him for hours...if only he was not constantly commenting on it "br(m) br(m) br(m)"


He is now making more complicated lines, a train line and car line :)
I also noticed he has a memory like an elephant. After two readings of his new flip flap book, he remembers what hides everywhere. He also can recognize about 20 types of birds, pretty amazing, huh? I thought he recognizes them only in the particular picture(s) because we read the book a lot but yesterday we came across a page he has never seen before and he did recognize the bird there. He can say about 10 syllables, has 1 word, which is understandable for a usual Czech person, but he's quite an ornithologist and generally zoologist. When I'm thinking about it, I can say that it's really parents who shape their children's interest because I do enjoy biology and remember quite a lot still.
I also noticed he can recognize animals according to their shape in his book. I decided to make an experiment today...
...I took his magnetic fish and we did "Find me a..fish/turtle/..." It was fun, he cheated a bit, but wanted to do it all over again and again... :)
I tried variation with memory game, but he didn't enjoy it that much.

Last thing I want to write about are our nights. When my mother left, for 4 nights he woke up in the middle of the night, went to play to the living room...I think he saw the light (dad was dying during the day, but awake at night) and decided to follow it. I slept through most of these trips, so I didn't care that much, but it established a habit of us waking up late. The fifth night I closed the door and since there have been no trips outside of bed. He is able to hold his pee all night long till 5-6am and then starts the drama - will he fall asleep again? He usually hands me Tula carrier and in an hour he is back to sleep. I would never dreamed of babywearing him in Tula this late in pregnancy, but somehow it works. The last two nights we both have some kind of annoying cough, neither of us sleep well, but we wake up around or after 8...even 9:30 has happened. Unbelievable.




No comments:

Post a Comment