Friday, September 16, 2016

Filii barefoot shoes review


German shoes I've been dreaming about since the beginning of summer. I didn't get them until this week though because I was waiting for the new, improved model.

They are meant for narrower foot and thinner ankle circumference, unlike Zeazoo Manga we used to have before which have the space little bit too large and therefore they didn't fit Teodor well.


I kind of noticed it already in spring that Zeazoo aren't the best fit for him but since there is no barefoot market in Estonia, meaning it would not be easy to sell them, I just opted to wait and see in addition to the fact I had no idea what to buy. Not to mention I had a newborn and a toddler who was scared of her on my hands, so really no spare time to investigate shoes. 

Luckily, my MK friend's daughter, who is the same age as Teodor, has the same foot proportions as T., and since she spends more time in the barefoot group, I just bought what she wished to buy for her daughter, only in blue. I actually wanted something more gender-neutral, in case he'd outgrow these shoes very quickly, so A. could wear them. But the Slovakian e-shop didn't have what I wanted and no other shop answered about shipping costs, so I went with a boy-ish version from Slovakia.
They do fit him really well. He hates them, though. It is not surprising, he hates every new pair of shoes. After he gets over the new-enes, he runs and walks normally in them. I don't have any picture of him wearing them because he's always running or jumping lately :-)


The first impression when I opened the box was "yes, these shoes are worth the money". The stitches look good, no glue or loose threads...only the "made in EU" is quite disappointing, I want to know where they are made, I really really do. 



The insole is quite thick with some insulation, I think that's great for chillier autumn days and since it's removable, you can take it out in order to get more barefoot experience. I did take the insole from Zeazoo because it was woolen on the top and sand used to get stuck in there.



The sole is flexible but a bit harder under the heel. Zeazoo feels more flexible and lighter. The weight of Filii is caused by more rubber parts, which protects the shoe from scratching (yay!)


It is not possible to roll the sole under the heel unlike with Zeazoo

Probably not very visible, but Zeazoo are 100% flexible shoes.
I am happy with choosing the Filii shoes because they fit him well. If Teodor had a bit fatter foot, I would probably stick with Zeazoo because they are cheaper, have a cool design and would support a Bulgarian family business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment