Thursday, November 12, 2015

Drawing the line

Yesterday I was feeling ok about him waking up every hour at night and nursing, this night it was not fun any more. Teodor is officially ill, nothing serious, but you can hear he has mucus everywhere...

So, I made him sleep in the carrier, put him down on a pillow and he slept for half an hour. Coughed and started screaming. Babywearing, nursing for about an hour and he was back asleep. Then he slept an hour. The same scenario. The next time he woke up, I decided to go to sleep with him. It didn't seem like a smart idea, like at all. He was awake every minute, wanting to nurse, then he turned away, cried, latched, turned away, cried, nursed..and he would go like that for an hour. As I said before, I don't mind him breastfeeding unless it complicates my life. This was obviously not working.

Btw. the dad turned on the air humidifier when he came back from work and I could hear he was not waking up because of the mucus any more.

So I took the breast away. He was angry, he was crying, but soon gave up (I was lying next to him), then gave him his butt massage :) and he fell asleep.

I remember waking up at 1 with him sucking on my breast, me being all in pain from the uncomfortable position. I took the breast away and went to drink, I felt so sore. I don't have to mention how furious he was...so he decided to go to play. I remember him and his dad talking while I fell asleep. He woke me up an hour later (dad was asleep in the living room judging by the light being on), nursed, got his butt massage and didn't require hanging on the breast till the morning. Of course he latched a bit, he got a butt massage every hour because I think the urge to pee was waking him up (I have learned it is not a good idea to go to pee with him in the middle of the night, it makes him more angry than letting it be) - we slept almost till 8, it was nice.

The point is that I am fine with him nursing like a newborn but only to some extend (everyone is equal, but some are more than the others :)) - it cannot limit my comfort too much.

Btw. my camera is dead for real, so probably no pictures for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment