Friday, November 27, 2015

An experiment

Teodor agreed to fall asleep with his dad yesterday. I don't have to mention how happy it made me :)
His dad is super-effective when it comes to making T. and himself sleep - the process is pretty easy, he falls asleep within 5 minutes and Teodor gives in a bit later. A few hours later, both still asleep, they took up most of the bed, I decided to sleep in the living room to see if T. would sleep through the night.
Interesting fact: Charlie doesn't make noise in the evening in order to wake Teodor up (which was my suspicion), it is just his way of making himself comfortable before the long night nap.
Around 10pm, I heard the first sobbing from the bedroom (my usual bedtime), decided not to go there to see what happens. He fell back asleep. Yay.
The next memory is being in bed having Teodor hanging on my breast. Since then, the night was a disaster, he was waking up way too often, cried a lot,...we had to take two trips to the bathroom (his diaper was dry in the morning) and it all ended at 6:40 when he handed me Tula carrier, took his loveys and was ready to be carried. Me was absolutely not. So, I carried him for like 5 minutes (there was no way he was going to fall asleep this "late" in the morning) just to calm him down, put him back to bed and we were lazy for another half an hour. After that, I played some youtube songs for him while I got some more sleep. Yes, I did something I would probabbly look down at a few months ago. Today I felt it was a good thing :)

The conclusion: his dad can make him sleep but I have to join Teodor in bed at usual time.

No comments:

Post a Comment