Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Simple countryside life

When I see him how much he enjoys simple countryside fun, I'm getting seriously annoyed by the fact we still do not have a house and there is actually quite a little chance to get it any time soon as I do not plan to go back to work next year, which will cut our income into half and we want to start our own business, which is another black hole for money (hopefully we'll manage to earn it back)

I sometimes try to make up some sophisticated fun for him like  riding his motorbike, which included a serious talk about the necessity of wearing a helmet (Teodor still thinks it is one of the most annoying things in his life).

And this is what he considered as a fun...
Mother, take off my helmet because...
I need to go chase chickens.
I tried to persuade him that the motorbike is fun one more time, I thought the smooth surface would make him go...

I was wrong, again. First we were watching a dog, then a man building a fence and then he finally found the entertainment he was longing for - throwing stones into a creek - made him busy for cca 20 minutes. 


It seems to be so easy to make him busy when the weather is fine...It is not like we couldn't do these in the city, but it is so much more complicated, you have to bring everything out (and back, nothing can stay outside unattended for more than a couple of minutes) and you have a feeling you are under your neighbour's watch.

practising in real life the skill gained from his Melissa and Doug Latches Board


Watching sheep with grandma.

Walking home from sheep-watching. He got this col car from my uncle. He is not a fan of riding on anything outside, otherwise he loves this car.

Helping grandma to put cherries on the cake.

Playing with water, pity it was hot only at the beginning of our stay.
The problem arises when the weather gets rainy, for some reason I expected it to be really hot, so I didn't bring our bad weather clothes. It is a bit boring at his grandparents' house, my mum is always trying to make him play with his cars, which was fun at the beginning, but now he starts to agree with me that it is kinda boring, but my mum doesn't seem to be willing to offer him any other kind of fun ("boys play with cars"). We are spending most of the time in the village - it would be wonderful if I had friends here and if they had children (ideally older and willing to play with Teodor)...but I don't, so I am not having as much fun as Teodor has here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment