Saturday, June 27, 2015

Out of order

Even though I did try, we are totally off our daily routine, it felt impossible to keep our rhythm in a family with another one and in another time zone (even one hour counts!)

Teodor didn't want to eat for the first week and something, maybe different cooking, maybe different high chair, maybe the buzz around (in contrast with our very quiet household), maybe it was just the change or me being too pushy, who knows? It got better, though, I gave up and he is partly on baby food jars as he was starting to lose weight.

Unlike with the food, his sleep got even worse than it was before. The first night he would wake up every hour, the next night too, then it got a bit better, now he sleeps more or less like at home, so that's not the problem, making him sleep got totally out of hands. I kinda blame my mum's obsession to stroll around with him. She started making him sleep in the stroller, so now I am unable to make him sleep just in bed as it was before. And it takes ages, sometimes he even doesn't fall asleep (the stroller does not work 100%), so I have a 14-month old who sometimes doesn't get a daynap, it's quite a cut from two naps per day. Not to mention how whiny he gets without his naps. Or maybe it is tooth no.2 on the way? Whatever it is, I can't wait for it to be over. I can't wait to go back to Tallinn and get back on tracks with our routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment