Friday, June 24, 2016

When it's raining

When it rained for 40 days in Bible, they called it a disaster, we call it summer in Estonia. 
I saw this joke on Facebook about the UK, but I guess it can be used for any nordic country.


As you know from my previous posts, we are not afraid of taking a walk in the rain. Sometimes it seems like it is Teodor's favourite weather and Anastasia sleeps also well if well-protected from the rain. My big concern is now are his rain boots. We have MyMayu Explorer ones, which are pretty awesome but they leak a lot. I don't know if the sealing on the stitches is worn out or there are cracks in the sole (he used them a lot last autumn and the sole is very thin under his heel) because they didn't get wet so fast in autumn. The question is whether to buy usual rain boots or order another pair of MyMayu...I am actually tempted to try usual ones because they are cheaper, on the other hand I am worried if he would be able to walk in them properly...



I noticed he shows interest in arts again, so we spent the rest of today's morning painting (after an hour in the playground). Probably the sensitive period is on because it entertained him for almost an hour. The process art is really difficult for me, I am very focused on the outcome and I really hate that he mixes the colours in the jars. A lot of self-control happened on my side today and it seemed like he enjoyed experimenting with printing (another thing which fascinates him) and colour-mixing. 


Play-doh is another crafts he enjoys. I felt like he was preparing for Christmas :)


The period when nothing is good for him is reaching its peak. You know, when you ask him "Do you need to pee?" He shakes his head and throws almost a tantrum because you dared to ask. In five seconds he is getting worked up because you don't know he needs to pee. Sometimes it feels like he himself doesn't know what he wants and will be angry until he gets it. Kind of exhausting times. When he woke up from his afternoon nap, he was already cranky, so I decided to take out the parking garage set, which was hidden under our bed (for Christmas?) and put it together in order to keep our afternoon calm. We don't do screen times (still, can't believe it), so it is sometimes difficult to have peaceful afternoons/evenings/mornings/days... A new car toy can do the trick...it was not probably very "educational", but sometimes the goal serves the means...or not? Anyway, he likes the toy, he took the afternoon walk in the rain with his dad (more public holidays in my life, please), so I had finally time to do some toy exchange on his shelf, and generally the afternoon went fine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment