Sunday, June 26, 2016

Long weekend

I finally found/had time to take a selfie with Anastasia.
The longest day happened on Thursday and it's a big deal in northern European countries, so there was a public holiday on Thursday and Friday to allow people celebrate and then the next day to sleep it off.

I wish there were more public holidays in Estonia. It was so nice to have the kids' dad at home. I didn't have to take Anastasia with me for our usual morning walk with Charlie and the dad took over the afternoon walk. He also helped a bit with the household. It was pretty awesome. It was so nice to have him on hand when needed. Tomorrow's going to be a very painful Monday hangover.

We didn't do anything special, we are very ignorant towards all celebrations...we were just at home not doing much, just enjoying the family life. Yesterday we went to grill some sausages by the lake nearby. Don't have any other pictures than this one. But we made some great plans for the future. In certain way I can't wait for the kids to get a bit older, so we'll be able to travel (it is no fun for me to travel with two young children, especially if they both enjoy their routine at home).


My two crafting projects are done and I'm in the search for the material for the next project, a doll for Christmas for A. In the meantime I started to read Simplicity Parenting book. 


It is a very Waldorf-ish book with quite some words I don't know and I'm lazy to look up (but I've already learnt "squirky" and "dust bunnies") and generally the book isn't an easy read. I miss the "aha moment", otherwise I like it :-) Definitely there are some new, interesting information I can use further in my life. Despite the fact I am not the book's biggest fan, I keep reading it, so it can't be that bad.
Oh and we ate ice-cream, a lot of ice-cream during the free days.


No comments:

Post a Comment