Monday, June 27, 2016

Bedtime stories


After some weeks of no interest in any kind of books, last week something big happened - I started reading him before going to sleep instead of nursing him (weaning off the breast becomes very real for him) and he listened. We started with the Three Little Pigs, a few days later we added Goldilocks and the Three Bears from A Collection of Stories for 2 years olds. He got the blue book around Christmas, I think, and he instantly liked it, there are nice illustrations, the rhymes are very well-translated, the stories are short...


This is Teodor's favourite part of the story.
Yesterday I came across the Little Mole and the Car story. I thought it might be a good idea to try to read him a bit, maybe to show him some pictures of cars...He instantly loved the book and we read it whole. A 60-page book. Then one more time. Twice today. I was shocked he can listen to it all, not sure how much he understands it because there are some words he doesn't know and he doesn't answer my text comprehension questions. Btw. I don't like the book.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to go back to Czech and go to the books store and just buy tons of childrens books there! Btw i tried but the little guy is not that into it yet, he prefers me singing (I am guessing he is a masochist) and then talking about the day we had.Go T. go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't you get Czech books in the US? Any concrete plans on going back to CZ?

      Delete