Thursday, May 14, 2015

What can a 13-month old do?

That satisfied look on his face when manages to do something on his own is worth all the trouble. I am all for toddlers helping with chores because they learn things don't happen on their own and it helps to build their self-confidence because they are useful, (important) part of the family.

Here is a list of what Teodor helps me with quite regularly:

  • He puts vacuum cleaner cable to the socket for me (I have to push it in properly) - it is a new skill, he is so proud and eager to help with this. He also takes it out.
  • He puts dishwasher tablet into the dishwasher (he no longer tries to eat it)
  • He presses the buttons after being shown which ones to press
  • He closes the dishwasher door
  • He helps me to unload the dishwasher by handing me the dishes
  • He sometimes re-organizes the dishwasher with dirty dishes - I don't consider it as help but from his facial expression I assume he does.
  • He helps me to load the washing machine, either he hands me the dirty laundry or he takes it on his own and puts it in the machine on his own.
  • He helps me to unload the washing machine and dryer.
  • He can throw stuff to the trash bin.
  • He brings clean laundry to where it belongs (I go with him and show him, otherwise he would put it all in one place, he can hold up to 2 pieces of laundry)
  • He can wipe the floor after he peed on it and bring the dirty cloth to the laundry bin
  • He can be asked to put something somewhere
  • He can help with entertaining the dog "Teodor, please throw the ball to Charlie"
  • He loves to help with brushing the dog
Can't really think of anything else now but I am sure there is more how he is involved in family life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment