Friday, May 29, 2015

Like in a mirror

The other day I was emailing to a friend whom I haven't emailed for quite some time as she is not on social media and having Teodor didn't give me enough of spare time to send her a long email (of course, if I really wanted, I would find the time) and one of my sentences was about how amazing it is to see myself in Teodor, how he reflects me...It really seems to me like Teodor is my mirror.

For example if we are short on each other with his dad (we even can keep the conversation casual, but he somehow can sense it), he goes around and does the same angry gestures I sometimes do when we are alone and get worked up, or when I'm looking for something, he is doing the same gestures I do when we are looking for his toys and when we can't find them. If I get worked up, he gets worked up. If I laugh, he laughs. If I am nervous, he is nervous. If I am chilled, he is mostly chilled, too.
I have a friend who is very expressive with her daughter and her daughter is also very expressive. At the playground I met a mother who was grabbing stuff from her son's hands and her son was then taking stuff out of Teodor's hands, a few days ago I met with a chilled mom and her child was also chilled (and he didn't grab stuff out of Teodor's hands). It might not work 100%, but it is interesting to think about what model of behaviour I am giving to my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment