Friday, May 1, 2015

Keeping it simple

Both Montessori and Waldorf are about having the day somehow structured and simple, they definitely do not promote any baby/toddler lessons or trips to the shopping centres...So I've been trying to it simple for Teodor in the last two months, he seems to like it, but I'm starting to feel a bit frustrated. I miss those days when I could just put him in the wrap and go out, he'd sleep, nurse, poop and sleep again..I miss those days I was on my own. I miss the action. We really don't do much during the day, we go out for toddler walks (usually preceded by a at least 5-minute scream because putting a hoodie on is just too much of clothes no matter what the weather outside looks like), then undressing, washing hands, peeing, cooking, making him sleep (I was thinking I would have up to 3 hours more if he just fell asleep on his own), then I spend some time surfing the Internet, lately I've been putting together a shopping list of what I want to purchase for him when back in CZ, he is usually up in one, one and half hour, then getting ready for going out/eating, then being outside, going home, washing hands, peeing, getting the meal ready...you get the picture. I try to do a at least one chore with him during the day, but it's not enough...I'm thinking how to make this whole thing more effective and how to get less annoyed.

Last Saturday I went shopping on my own and it was perfect, I went to a shop nearby, so Teodor and the dad were alone for little bit over an hour, which is right now probably the most they can do. The dad is learning to spend time with his son and it shouldn't be rusher/overdone. Even if I wanted to go out for a longer stretch of time, I can't because I breastfeed him until he falls asleep and he naps every 3-4 hours...there are not many options where to go if I have only 1 to 2 hours, we live at the total edge of the city...

Side note for Asnate: When I'm writing this, I'm thinking how I would survive in Aegviidu... :)

1 comment:

  1. :D In Aegviidu you would have a whole house to clean and a huge garden to take care of, plus your little farm! (We just spent a whole day outside..) ;)

    ReplyDelete