Monday, August 8, 2016

Eating with style

I remember having my own china and cutlery as a child. I loved those to bits and it was quite difficult for me to give them up when entering teenage-hood. I really wanted for Teodor to have his special plate, bowl and cup, too, but at that time I couldn't find any nice set, so I just went with the one we got from Tallinn municipality as a gift. The bowl broke down after its first trip from the table to the floor, the cup's handle also fell off after its trip to the floor. Well, not the highest quality china. Anyway, I think V. (dad) glued the bowl back together and we put it to his memory box, we still use the cup without the handle.

A few weeks ago when looking for a tailor in a local department store, I noticed they had children's china sets there. I jumped for joy. They even had cups with two handles, which I really really wanted since the moment I saw it on Modry konik (the discussion forum) but couldn't find it anywhere. 

On Saturday I bought this cheesy pink set mostly because of the cup with two handles, which was on display in the shop and sold separately. I thought the cup in the set would be also with two handles. Well, it wasn't.

The bowl was cute but I didn't like the spoon, so I went to return it. Got this one instead.


I am not a real moomin fan, but I could either buy the single pink cup or the yellow set, so I went with the set because, well, it was a set. It looks high quality (the price tag also suggests it should survive a few trips to the floor), maybe too heavy? I am quite sure that throwing the plate to the floor will be a challenge, at least at the beginning, the weight of the cup concerns me a bit, but I'm sure our "not-give-up-easily" daughter will figure it out. The set missed a bowl, so I got her a pink one, also with moomins.

I also got a dining set for Teodor, he loves it. 

Now I want to get some pretty china for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment