Friday, October 16, 2015

Mess

I have been wondering lately when and how it happened that our living room is always a mess. 
Don't get me wrong, I am not a neat person, I do not take any pleasure in cleaning (I do enjoy clean, organized, neat spaces, but things get dirty/messy again, so there is no need to over-do it :)), but it used to be like he would be playing with one thing, then put it back (either me or him) and generally his play-space was always neat and organized even if the rest of the apartment wasn't. 
I see a few reasons for it: He plays much more without me sitting around keeping him a company, so there is nobody to remind him to put it back. He sometimes seems to want to have more things out, not sure why. Probably he thinks he might want to play with it later. Third reason, not very probable - he likes chaos. :) 
He definitely knows where the things go, occasionally he puts his stuff back, sometimes if I ask him, he would do it, sometimes (more often lately) he would say "no". So I do it instead of him, I believe in setting examples rather than pushing him. I also think I should improve my own cleaning after myself to be a good example. 

5 comments:

  1. This makes me calm and satisfied... even super skilled Teodor can make such a mess. I am so glad you shared this :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot - I believe his mess-making is just because you do not remind him to keep his playground clean. But... what would be childhood without a little mess? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a lot because I am not there to always remind him/model the cleaning...I don't care that much...but I remember those times when our living room was tidy.

      Delete
  3. And last question - do you clean his toys by yourself or keep it there? I try to clean all toys every evening because in the morning I am really pissed because all the mess but there is no effect at all - after five minutes toys are spread again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We clean those more-than-one-piece toys together (building blocks, train tracks, lego), the rest is up to the dad, I have no energy or wish to clean in the evening.

      Delete