Saturday, October 31, 2015

Teething


He has been teething for several days and he wanted to spend his days in bed reading or playing. Sounds almost idyllic, right? A toddler not running around, a pregnant lady has time to lie down and have a rest...BUT! I hate it. He is a constant talker (well, what toddler isn't?), but he has only a few syllables and mostly he says "m" "mmmm" "m-m-m" - instead of signing/saying what he wants or naming the animals in the book...so it required my full attention. Yesterday I had a horrible headache at the end of the day, but when he fell asleep, it miraculously disappeared :) Oh, and we had to read the same books over and over and over...pure fun...for him.
Another fun thing about the days in bed: he nurses as often as a baby and eats solids only a bit...I was a bit thinking about stopping the breastfeeding before but as he has so many more teeth to grow, it wouldn't be probably very smart move.
Yesterday I gave him the Lego Duplo set, he loves the car, no surprise there. It kept him busy for at least half an hour and he was quite quiet :) The bright side, he forgot about the books, so no more reading the same stuff again and again.
Giving him the Duplo made me realize that I really cannot keep anything away from him, which is the reason I normally buy his presents only a few days before the event. The good thing is that he doesn't care about the amount of presents yet and as I read somewhere, at this age it is more important to give him toys all year round depending on his development rather than events...of course, Lego is an ever-green toy but with some other things it might be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment