Sunday, August 16, 2015

The secret ingredient

Lately as I am edgy, tired, annoyed, etc. I realized that the most important to keep it calm at home is to be calm and well-rested yourself. When the first trimester nausea and tiredness entered our life, my beautifully calm relationship with our son changed, there was so much more tantrums from his side and mine too. Before I wouldn't shout at him for weeks, but suddenly I found myself screaming and realizing I'm screaming for no reason, it was not anything worth raising my voice. Soon I learned to stop before shouting but it requires a lot of self-control...I shouted at him in my head. It was still exhausting. And then, one day, I went to sleep with him at about 18:30. It was relieving. We woke up around 6am, but I felt ok, I felt like I can do it the old way. Since then I'm often in bed before the sun sets down and we're doing much better with Teodor. Plus if he wakes up at 5am (and is in a good mood, not that he is cranky because he woke up and can't fall back asleep), I can deal with it quite ok. The downside, our home is a mess. It kinda has always been, but now it's a chaos. Have to figure out how to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment